· A Toronto-listed (symbol “IMZ”) mineral exploration company since 1994 and currently operating in South America, specifically Ecuador and Peru. In January 2002, the Company changed its name from “Ecuadorian Minerals Corporation”.
· IMZ is now listed on the Swiss Stock Exchange (symbol "IMZ") and the Frankfurt Exchange (symbol "MIW") in order to give greater access to European funds and financial institutions and for ease of trading for our European shareholder base.
· The Company is focused on finding and developing high-grade gold deposits that can be profitable at current gold prices, with targeted total production costs of less than US$200 per ounce.
· IMZ’s strategy is to develop its gold deposits to a point where they become attractive to a major mining company for purchase or joint venture.
· A highly experienced management group with a proven history of finding and developing profitable gold mines worldwide, having discovered over 40 million ounces of gold (approximately 1,240 tonnes) over the past 30 years.
· 3 key gold projects in South America:
Rio Blanco (formerly Beroen) Project, Ecuador
Based on drilling to date, an estimated Inferred Mineral Resource of approximately 1.0 million ounces of gold equivalent (over 5g/t, including a high grade “core” of ± 0.6 million ounces at ± 11g/t gold and ±100 g/t silver) has been discovered with potential to be much larger with additional drilling. Results of preliminary evaluation of the technical and economic parameters for a near-term (2005), medium-scale (300 to 400 tonnes per day) underground mining operation for the high-grade portion of the Alejandra zone were announced on October 14, 2003 . Feasibility drilling of the zone is currently in progress. Results for the first forty-nine feasibility drill holes were released on March 8, 2004 , April 7, 2004 and May 27, 2004.
Gaby Project, Ecuador
Ecuador’s largest undeveloped gold deposit. Independent prefeasibilty
studies estimate over 5 million ounces of gold on an inferred mineral
resource basis (and 3 million ounces on a preliminary reserve basis). Gaby
can be considered to be a call option on the gold price with no expiry date.
At $350 gold Gaby alone generates almost a 19% IRR and Cdn$3.50 per
share in free cash flow.
Vetaspata Project, Peru
Unique, very high-grade (+17 g/t) gold deposit with only limited drilling carried out so far. Additional drilling and underground exploration work will be undertaken in 2003.
· Other IMZ projects include:
Canicapa Project, Ecuador
In January 2003, IMZ joint ventured the project to
IAMGOLD Corporation and IAMGOLD subsequently joint ventured the project to Gold Fields. Canicapa shows the alteration characteristics that of major gold deposits
such as Newmont's Yanacocha Mine in Peru. IAMGOLD/Gold Fields began an approximately 3,000m drill program in late January, 2004.
Pallancata Project, Peru
Located in a region in southeastern Peru hosting numerous bonanza-type, silver-gold deposits, Pallancata consists of a major vein structure with recent and colonial-age underground workings. Recently completed exploration by IMZ has identified significant silver-gold mineralization. An initial drilling program comprised of 17 core drill holes totaling 2,491m was completed in late July, 2003. Drill assay results confirmed the high-grade, complex nature of the Pallancata vein and also identified possible porphyry-related, high-grade silver-gold mineralization in the breccia zone west of the main vein structure. Full results are available in the September 19, 2003 news release.
· In January 2004, IMZ closed a brokered private placement financing for Cdn$22.3 million (US$17.0 million), with funds being used to further advance our projects and acquire and develop new gold projects worldwide.
· With financial strength enabling IMZ to acquire high quality gold projects worldwide on reasonable terms, our goal is to be one of the premiere exploration companies in the industry within the next two to three years.
What's New ?
May 31, 2004 - News Release
March 3, 2004 - News Release
February 27, 2004 - News Release
February 5, 2004 - News Release
January 26, 2004 - News Release
December 3, 2003 - News Release
December 2, 2003 - News Release
October 14, 2003 - News Release
September 19, 2003 - News Release
July 23, 2003 - News Release
July 7, 2003 - News Release
June 10, 2003 - News Release
May 15, 2003 - News Release
March 31, 2003 - News Release
March 6, 2003 - News Release
February 24, 2003 - News Release
February 19, 2003 - News Release
January 9, 2003 - News Release
December 11, 2002 - News Release
June 19, 2002 - News Release
January 23, 2002 - News Release
April 13, 2000 - News Release
January 14, 2000 - News Release
Traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange: "IMZ"
More Information about IMZ
The information contained herein is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. The information on this site has been derived from publicly available material; for certainty of accuracy, readers are recommended to reference the actual filed documents.